Believing two contradictory ideas at the same time. “Doublethink . . . is a vast system of mental cheating” (George Orwell).
Cognitive dissonance (sourced from Wikipedia)
- “The existence of dissonance, being psychologically uncomfortable, will motivate the person to try to reduce the dissonance and achieve consonance”
- “When dissonance is present, in addition to trying to reduce it, the person will actively avoid situations and information which would likely increase the dissonance”
• I trust the repeaters in society who regurgitate information as rote learning and get pieces of papers with titles to say they are clever thinkers.
• There are evil Muslim terrorists out to destroy my wonderful democracy.
• Man went to the moon.
• I can trust the government [govern-mind = mind control]. Democracy is a good thing.
• The media does not lie to me.
• Somebody having scholarly degrees and being academically intelligent means that they are wise and useful to society.
• I trust the white coats and big pharma – they are there to make me well again.
• Muslim extremists did 9/11.The Jewish holocaust narrative (fairytale) that Hitler gassed 6 Million Jews is unquestionable.
• I do not trust my intuition, because little me only has naive faith in what I am being told to think.
• I am meek, I am insignificant, I am pathetic, I am incompetent. I have no power.
• I am a slave and a worthless slave at that – but worse than that, I will pretend to my conscious mind that I am not and that I am free inside my prison.
• Vaccines are good for you as they prevent illnesses.
I trust big brother – 2 + 2 definitely adds up to 5
Critical thinking (Wikipedia)
is a way of deciding whether a claim is true, partially true, or false. Critical thinking is a process that leads to skills that can be learned, mastered and used. Critical thinking is a tool by which one can come about reasoned conclusions based on a reasoned process. This process incorporates passion and creativity, but guides it with discipline, practicality and common sense.
• Hold on a minute, something doesn’t quite equate here.
• I don’t claim to know it all, but I have doubts about what we are being told.
• I need to look at this from a different perspective, with alternative, objective, independent information.
• I can now see pattens occurring here, things are not right with their version of events.
• I’m listening to my heart, my gut feeling. I trust my intuition that something smells here.
• I have the courage to think outside the box and to dare suggest that there wasn’t even a box in the first place.
• This information from the MSM goes against logic, common sense, reason and facts.
• I recognise I’ve been had, we’ve all been had.
• I recognise I am a mere slave and now that I have woken up to this I will damn well do everything I can to create freedom for all of us.
• To question accepted information and go to the effort of independently researching it.
• I know we’ve been lied to by the MSM in the past, so logic alone tells me we cannot trust this source impeccably (if at all).t
I now do not trust big brother – 2 + 2 to me is definitely 4